Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One more day!

Well the 4th of July has arrived...ironic because it is my last day of "freedom" before taking off for San Fran tomorrow morning for staging. This month home in "Canada" (insert joke from 432 or Brody) has flown by! I'm glad I've had so much time to spend with family and friends all over the Northeast. Last hurrahs in Boston and Atlantic City were memorable! Thanks again to everyone that was able to be there! As my departure date has crept closer, my excitement and anxiety has certainly increased...but it still doesn't feel like I am leaving the country for 2 years. Maybe once I hop on that 12 hour plane ride to Tokyo (followed by a 4 hour one to Manila!) Saturday it'll actually sink in.

As I sit here at my kitchen counter typing out a few final thoughts, I can't help but think of my friends and family, the people I will miss the most. I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible and hope to have some sort of internet connection at my site(s) (otherwise I will have to resort to internet cafes). My Verizon service will be suspended as of Sunday though so any calls or texts after that will not be received. Anyone with an iPhone can still get in touch with me during my service via the apps Tango (free international calls and video calls) and Whatsapp (free international texting). I also have a Skype account that I plan on using if you're into that, but a forewarning...I will be 12 hours ahead of you so plan accordingly!

Well...gotta get back to packing. So much to cram into this last day. 24 hours from now and I'll be on my way. Can't wait to start my new adventure! Wish me luck on the other side of "the pond"!

1 comment:

  1. I am unbelievably proud of you, Andrew. As I have said to you before, you are leaving your footprint (however big it may be lol!) on the world. You have made a life changing decision and will touch the lives of so many people along your journey. They will be fortunate to get to know you. I pray that God will keep you safe and fill you with peace and give you the strength you need in the months ahead. We will miss you immensley, but our love runs deep. Take each new day for what it is worth and know that we are always behind you 100%!! God Speed, "Budsy"! Love you so! Ally xoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete